Golden Cube

Recently, Meffert's.com has been offering $42 of puzzles to anyone who sends them good enough pictures of Meffert's puzzles (for the Meffert's puzzle gallery). I decided to send them some pictures on a whim and they accepted them, meaning that I got to order a puzzle, free of charge. I decided on the Golden Cube.



Today it arrived. Upon looking at it for the first time, I noticed that it was quite large. The feel was not metallic and cold but warm and plastic-y. This puzzle was designed by Tony Fisher and is based off of a Skewb.



After playing with it for a while, I figured out that the "visual" solved position is not the "mechanical" solved position. That is to say, in the picture, the mechanisms of the two puzzles are in the same position, even though the Golden Cube does not look to be solved visually.



It's a bit of a strange puzzle, and I still don't get the relationship between the Skewb and the Golden Cube (I can't visualize the mechanism of the Golden Cube, even though I know how a Skewb works). Now I'm off to get some mech pics to try to help in solving it.

Comments