Brass Treasure Chest

Today, I'm discussing the Brass Treasure Chest. I bought this puzzle from PuzzleMaster.

Though it's photogenic, this puzzle really isn't very good in my opinion. The opening isn't large enough to hold anything, and the solution is way too specific for one to be able to figure it out. Hence, I have no problem revealing what I know of the solution here. I'll do it after the pictures, for those of you who don't like spoilers. For now, I'll just say that it requires an unguessable sequence of moves to open. The exterior reveals no clues, and no sound emanates from the bowels of the chest.

I have nothing against the puzzle other than that the solution has no logic to it. Luck, not cleverness, plays into solving the puzzle. I would be very interested in hearing from those of you that own this puzzle and think differently from me (or even if you have a similar opinion, I guess).















...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Here's the solution and mechanism, from what I can figure: You need to rotate the puzzle in a specific pattern (it's irrelevant what this pattern is), then rotate one of the legs, then turn the puzzle around some more. I'm thinking that it involves some sort of ball maze, kind of like Marcus Allred's The Lunatic puzzles, though the solution mentions some sort of pin that pops up to hold the lid closed.

Comments