A bit of a wander

Today started out at the science museum. Very rainy, so we began with a bit of coffee.

 There was a 3D printing display with several puzzles - 3x3 shape mod, burrs, Coffins, 1x2x3...I also found some neat devices for drawing mathematical patterns by hand - very nice.

We then decided to pop over to a pop culture store - Forbidden Planet. Much hype, but I wasn't as impressed as I thought that I would be. Along the way, we found a little place called Foyle's books - some minor puzzles but nothing worth buying. Seems that Harukai Murakami is very popular here too, based on that shop...


Danbo doing some People-watching.
 For lunch, we stopped at a micro-brewery where I ordered some very strong beer (actually Barley Wine). Danbo got a little bit tipsy...


Samples

Falling over


  
Oh no!!

 To walk it off, we went around towards the 7 Dials market area and Trafalgar square. We found some really neat shops and a bike race that was going on, then managed out way up the hill to The Strand and a Starbucks. I gave them my Canadian Starbucks Gold Card on a whim, and to my surprise, they accepted it!

Afterwards, we figured that we would visit the market at Covent Garden. Coincidentally enough, there was Benjamin Pollock's Toy Shop there - same one I visited back in 2007, down to them still stocking the very same folding paper model that I have in my kitchen. Then after we wandered over to the Tube Station, we decided to go back to Camden Lock Markets on a whim. Poor choice for my wallet - I bought 7 more puzzles, including a Union Jack puzzle box as a gift for myself.

Exhausted, it was time to get back to the hotel and pack for leg 2 of the journey: Post-Trip.

Comments